Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Nice Long weekend!

The powers that be decided that they needed to turn off the power to my building Friday so I was *forced* to take the day off. The indignity! The horror! Oh, who am I kidding...

I decided to sneak in one more good ride before the baby comes so I got up early and loaded up the bike and headed over to Patapsco for a nice two hour ride and followed it up with two, to-go orders (one for me and one for Christine) of Chesapeake enchiladas from Pachanga's Mexican Restaurant over in Odenton. Man that's good stuff.

The ride itself was pretty uneventful. I ended up riding solo. The kid I was meeting decided to bail at the last minute. I ended up riding down the Cascade trail and over to the "Widow Maker" descent to the river, back up the Cascade trail, over to the Morning Choice trail past the farm where Christine and I saw all the deer on our hike back in December. From there I hooked up with the Ridge trail and started heading back, meeting with the Cascade trail once again. Somewhere along the line I broke my chain but it was pretty easy to fix with the SRAM Powerlink I keep in my backpack (world's greatest invention). The new Ridge trail is awesome. They've completely eliminated all the sketchy descents and climbs and made it a really great ride.

Here's the map:



On Saturday, the weather was still great so Christine and I threw the dog in the truck and headed back to Patapsco. We ended up hiking the Morning Choice, Ridge Trail, Cascade loop. We cut off one little corner and probably ended up walking around 5 or so miles.

No comments: