Monday, December 4, 2006

Hello!



Well, this is my first blog post. I probably should have started this years ago, but hey better late than never. I reckon this blog will be used mostly for posting family pictures and photos of the families going's on. The baby is due January 10th. Things should get pretty exciting after then. I'm also going to try to put up brief reports from trips and hikes Christine and I take and include pictures as much as possible.


Here's one to start:


So yesterday afternoon, we went for a short hike at Patapsco Valley State Park. We ended up doing about 4 miles in a little over an hour and a half. As we crossed the fields (top center of the map) we saw 2 or 3 herds of deer, probably 50 deer all told. It was pretty impressive. Shady Grove (the dog) was going nuts. We ended up hiking about a 1/2 hour in the near-dark. There was an impressive full moon occasionally poking out from behind the haze. Christine had a few minor "pressure waves," i.e. contractions, on the hike. Things seem to be progressing well. I guess she's gearing up for the big day! It was a pretty good hike over all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's funny your complete profile syas you are a sorpio. i bet you don't even know what that means!

urbaindk said...

You are correct, I have no idea what a sorpio is! ;)