Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas is coming!

Here's a brief report on the status of Christmas in our household...

Well, we decided against a big tree this year. Mainly because we didn't think that taking it down in January, with a newborn in the house sounded like all that much fun. Christine and I went to Home Depot for some hardware and while I was hunting for the hardware, Christine snuck off the Christmas section. When I found her she had latched on to a 2' high, purple, aluminum tinsel, pre-lit Christmas tree. Quite possibly the most loveliest thing I have ever done laid my eyes on.

Here it is all decorated up:



On the baking front, Christine has been making chocolate chip cookies as fast as I can eat them. We also tried making fudge. The chemistry of fudge seems to be hit or miss and we missed this year. We ended up with a batch of fudge soup. Delicious but messy.

Now for a little story...

Ever since Christine's nephew was born, her brother-in-law Michael has been documenting the child's every waking moment via digital camera and then emails the entire family all the photographs. Well that's understandable, he's a proud Papa and he wants to share. But sometimes it's pretty funny. One time he sent out an email that went something like "here's a picture of Ian playing with the dog" (attaches picture of kid and dog) Okay, I'm following you so far. "That morning Natalie made scones for breakfast" (attaches picture of a baking tray of perfectly formed and nicely brown scones) Why? Who knows... It just seemed pretty random.

Back to the topic at hand...

So yeah, Christine made some fudge and it didn't quite work out. I'm much much more irreverent than Michael, and having just gotten back from emptying the litterbox, I was feeling inspired. May I present to you Christine's world famous Cat poop fudge, complete with skid marks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Apologies for the photo flood. The spigot has been turned off.