Monday, April 2, 2007

Almost two weeks in review.

Sorry no new pictures...

Well there's really nothing new to report on the Jamie front. He just keeps getting bigger and all his hair seems to be falling out (which oddly enough, makes him look more like his father). Other than that, not much new.

I ended up not going to Vietnam. The Vietnamese Embassy didn't see fit to issue my visa and the US State Department didn't see fit to follow up with them until it was too late. As far as I know the Vietnamese still have my passport. It's all very annoying. The week before the trip was scheduled was horrendous, having to pack and make preparations and then having the whole thing get canceled was really stressful for all of us.

On the plus side, I got to stay home with Christine and Jamie and didn't have to feel guilty leaving them and going halfway around the world. We ended up celebrating Christine's birthday with lots of sushi and plum wine and then headed down to Richmond, VA to visit Christine's sister for the weekend. We had a great visit.

Because I was supposed to be out of town all last week our friend Robena came up to visit. We had lovely weather last week. Robena babysat, and Christine and I took our first bike ride together since Jamie was born. We ended up doing 13 miles on the back roads near our house. Wednesday night, my friend Brian and I got out for our first trail ride of the season at Patapsco. The trails were finally dry enough to ride. It was my first ride on dirt since December. We were both a little rusty and breathing real hard after every climb. I can't wait to hit the dirt again this week.

Saturday, Christine and I had a lazy day around the house. In the evening we loaded up Jamie in the stroller and rolled him over the bridge over to West Annapolis to the grocery store to pick up some eggs and other sundries. Having a stroller with a little basket is pretty nice. I always feel bad about taking the truck to the store when we only need a few things because the store is so close. With the stroller we can carry almost one bag of groceries, plus we get a little exercise and Jamie gets to go for a ride.

Well that's the week in review. Maybe next week, I'll post pictures.

No comments: