Thursday, February 22, 2007

A smile on my face...

Yesterday morning was the first time on my bike since Jamie was born almost six weeks ago. On top of the snow and ice, it just seems that things have been too hectic to ride. The ride was just a simple, short commute. Down the hill, over the bridge, turn left at the light, show my badge at the gate, and ride up behind the office and lock up the bike. Roughly 2 miles, may be 10 minutes tops but the weather was great and the sun was shining. It was about 45° outside, just warm enough to need only a t-shirt once I was warmed up. After all, last week the highs were only in the 20's. It seemed like a tropical heat wave.

Did that put a smile on my face? Well, yes, but, what really topped it off was that in the afternoon, I turned around and headed back home, took Jamie from Christine and helped her get her bike ready and sent her off on her first ride in over 6 months.

She was a little nervous, having not ridden in that long, that she would have forgotten how to balance, shift, etc. I'm not sure how far she ended up riding but she was gone over an hour. She definitely was smiling when she got back. Now that really puts a smile on my face!

No comments: