Friday, May 9, 2008

New Orleans

I took a quick trip down to the big easy back in April to give a presentation at the annual American Chemical Society meeting. When I wasn't at the conference, I spent the rest of the time wandering aimlessly through the French Quarter checking out the sights and sounds. It's a pretty crazy place.

This little 30 second movie is pretty typical of what you find when walking down any street in the quarter.



My general impression is that the street musicians in New Orleans are a cut above the rest. In any other city, these kids would be packing a club to capacity. Here they are just one more band in the crowd.

Jamie's getting old enough to enjoy little trinkets from my trips so I hooked him up with some Mardi Gras beads. As you can see, he loves them!

Photobucket

No comments: